Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Orders; Version 1

Remember Scholastic Book Orders during elementary school? I loved those! And book fairs? I think I've always been fond of reading. There's nothing like being captivated by the words of a good novel. & let's face it, the book is always better than the movie.

Ryan definitely also has a love affair with books - more so, culinary books and cook books, but books none the less. He uses them for inspiration, for learning and who doesn't love the scrumptious pictures. We introduced Aiden to books very early and you can see the complete awe in his face when you're reading the story to him. The face of, "what's going to happen next!" Ryan and I used to always tease that one of our favourite date night spots is Chapters. Grabbing a coffee at Starbucks and then grabbing whatever books catch our eye and skimming them one by one. We rarely buy the books at the store because they're so much cheaper on their website! & all orders over $25 are eligible for free shipping - win, win! Plus, they arrive to your front door and rather fast! Another win!

Our lastest book steals include:


(from left to right)
The Lover's Dictionary: A Novel by David Levithan
The Whole Beast: Nose to Tail Eating by Fergus Henderson
The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers

Ryan and Aiden are much in love with their picks and I'll be sure to give you some insights on mine once I hammer through it. I read a review that it was the type of book that really just makes you "laugh out loud" - love those kinds of easy reads. Next order, I'll be sure to have Aiden pick out his choice for baby. Kind of like his 1st present as a big brother - I'm sure he'll enjoy that "responsibility" ;)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment