Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
I don't believe that anybody
feels the way I do about you now
Though cranky, though so tired,
I live for moments like these.
But please, try & stop waking up at 4am, please?
Monday, December 1, 2008
I love time before 'let's get ready for bedtime'.
I nursed you at 7:10pm & you were in bed by 7:45pm.
I haven't had to go back and soothe you since.
This is amazing.
On another note,
I'm slacking, really slacking on my 'December daily' album. I hope that the days to follow to be better! I can already feel the month getting busy. The joy of Christmas.
Night number 3
It's getting easier. Your schedule all day was out of control. (I think it's because when Ryan's home, I get a little more lenient and relaxed & everything is not so go-go-go, do-do-do). But the evening turned out pretty good. I was afraid when you took a nap at 6pm, but when we went to wake you at 6:30pm, there you were, smiling :) (my favourite!) We ended up feeding Aiden rice cereal mixed with oatmeal before I nursed, wicked wicked idea!
He slept until 5am.
Okay so it's not my most favourite thing,
that he woke up at five, BUT NOTHING BEATS STRAIGHT SLEEP!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Things around here have been busy.
I've finally finished a 16-page plus paper on productivity reccomendations. (Secretly, I love to edit papers, hehehe).
Aiden has his 1st cold. It came about around Tuesday and the poor little guy is still learning to breathe through his mouth. His nose keeps running into his mouth, but he doesn't seem to mind. He's only starting to learn the concept of mama & daddy wiping his nose with kleenex, he doesn't fuss so much anymore :) I also think our little boy is at the early stages of teething (ekk!), he's drooling like it's going out of style. All his toys are soaking wet, which reminds me, note to self: hand-wash all the little toys lying around.
Another thing, we've pushed Aiden's bedtime back to 7:30 - 8:00pm ish. We're trying the CIO method & boy, the boy can CRY. Makes me feel like a bad mama sometimes, but I've learned to stick it out. Mind you, it's not cold turkey - we're patting him, rubbing his belly, telling him we love him, good-night baby, etc., every 5 minutes.
Last night, he woke up at 2:00am and 4:30am (for his usual feedings). We're trying to cut out the 'middle-of-the-night' feedings as well. It's tough stuff, motherly instincts just want to nurse him, but we're lying down some rules! (finally, Aiden's so spoiled!)
Tonight is night number 2.
I'm going to try & implement (hahaha) this new schedule by Monday.
I'm listening to Christmas music & nothing puts me into the mood more. Except, I'm rather bitter of the fact that my papers & supplied for my December mini album have yet to arrive. I'm working with what I've got so far, but I've got A LOT of catching up to do!!!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
I'm scared to go back next semester, even though it's just PT. I really don't want to leave Aiden. Separation anxiety.
Okay, back to this paper.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
What have we been up to?
(1) My 23rd birthday came and passed. Ryan got me the exact bracelet that I wanted, wrapped in some kraft paper (so creative!) and inside a little blue box tied with a white little bow. Plus, he surprised me with this book. & he wrote this on the inside cover:
To my darling wife!
Here is your first cookbook.
I'm hoping you'll put it to good use!
I love you.
Your #2 guy
(2) On that note, I have yet to bake anything. But, we did however, pick up the Kitchen Aid Mixer that I bought Ryan some Christmas ago from his ma's. That's a start right? & I did learn how to use it :)
(3) On Sunday, we started Aiden on rice cereal! Woohoo! Heinz organic whole wheat rice cereal. A few days prior to the main event, I was 'pretend' feeding Aiden with just an empty spoon. He seemed to understand the concept quite well (what a smart boy!). We'll see how this goes. I'm just hoping that it fills him up during the evening so that we doesn't constantly wake up in the middle of the night. His routine, however, has gotten much better. I can't believe that he's almost 6 months, my goodness. Time is flying ...
(4) I have yet to start my '25 days until Christmas' mini album. I ordered my last batch of papers and supplies last night. I'm hoping that they come in sometime this week. My ma even beat me to completing her template ... whomp.
(5) Christmas shopping has started. My list has not become 'our' list and it has now doubled.
(6) OH! My Treo died on me on my birthday. So I have officially joined the BB bandwagon. I'm already addicted. This could be bad.
That's all for now, off to my creative desk.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Currently, I'm anxiously awaiting a package of scrapbooking supplies. I checked today & all the mailbox contained was a statement from State Farm letting me know that they've increased our costs - wonderful.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Secretly, I know he went downtown in search for my birthday gift :)
I love how he tries to surprise me, but how he also knows that I'm just too smart for it!
Oh my, 23 in 2.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
& I've gone 3 times since (my ideal is 2-3 times a week for about an hour each time).
A whole one-year membership. What did I get myself into? :)
Aiden & I joined a mom & tot class at the gym that I became a member at. Let me tell you, it's a freaking workout!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Another year, yet another birthday! But this is the first one that I get to call you my husband :)
So happy 22nd birthday hubby! hahaha.
Like I said in your card,
(don't worry too much about the money, we'll be okay!)
chase your dreams,
& the rest will just fall into place.
& just in case you didn't already know,
- I'm your biggest fan!
* * *
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
I knew it was a bad thing when they pedicure lady was cutting the sides of my toes. But that was way back in August I believe, I don't understand why the ingrown would appear now. Unless I had something to do with it, but I doubt that. Whomp, the throbbing pain is so distracting.
Friday, October 24, 2008
I hope tonight's a better night, ek!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Since the day you were born, daddy and I always had mixed views about letting you use a binky. We once asked your doctor about it & she gave us a look of disbelief, I guess she disagreed with the usage. We decided to use it ONLY when we were out in public and in the car during long trips. But then started using the binks when you were crying lots & lots and to put to you sleep (both naptime & bedtime).
We stopped letting you use you binky last Sunday - cold turkey. It's been a rough few nights, but we think it's going to be worth it in the end. I just don't think you understand the concept of 'self-soothing' yet, but you're starting to stuck your fingers while I put you to sleep. We've also pushed your bedtime to 7:30pm. Last night, I placed you into your crib by 8:12pm and you woke up at 4:07am for a feeding. Much better than waking up at 2am! I also went to bed earlier, which means that I wasn't such a grumpy when I woke up. & I didn't have to wake up daddy to do your diaper change, which I bet he appreciated greatly!
I still can't believe that we have this sweet baby boy, well not so sleep when he want to sleep!
You're growing up too fast baby, slow down.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Times like these makes me wish I had my damn degree already!
So I started Aiden's First Year album. Rocky start. Somehow, even with a paper trimmer - I still can't cut straight lines. But I'm leaving it the way it is.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Some days it's still hard to believe that we have a little baby boy. (I think when you get married, you say 'we' a lot, instead of saying 'I' - I don't know why, but I always seem to speak on behalf of Ryan, hehe). It's hard to believe that we're responsible (completely responsible) for another human being - other than each other. I could barely take care of myself, but now there's this little person who trusts me completely, who relies on me entirely.
To have all this by the age of twenty-two, is exhilerating.
I have become a wife, but it still feels like we're dating! I have become a mama, to the sweetest baby boy in world. I have learned patience, that it's okay to things to get a little messy sometimes. I have started to become more creative, jotting things down that make me happy. I have passion again. I have experience what it means to on an overwhelmed emotional roller coaster, but I've ejoyed the ride. I have learned the importance of team work, not to mention compromise (especially at 3 am!). I can't wait to see what life has in store ...
We'll hurt, we'll heal.
But we'll get through this together ...
I think that's my favourite part.
So, this is what it feels like to be happy.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
(2) ryan. there's just something about his passion for cooking & food that makes me want to create. it's so funny because he comes up with all these idea for dishes and additions to the menu at work (usually at night time) & he jots them down on a pad of paper always handy at the side of our bed. i think he's brilliant.
(3) my 4x6 black ringed sketch book. i love being able to just write random thoughts, ideas, lists, etc.. there's just something about imperfections that makes the book so perfect.
(4) ali freaking edwards. if you don't know her (well, I don't really know her, lol), check her out - she'll probably inspire you too.
(5) & aiden - obviously.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Sunday is Aiden's baptism.
this weekend can either be smooth sailing OR super duper stressful.
I'm leaning on the super duper stressful end, only because I do feel like I'm a perfectionist. (although I'll never really admit that out loud - but I think I just did, no?)
okay! short, short post. off to feed my baby, then out to withdraw cash & purchase my long awaited square punch.
(making LO and pages are getting a lot easier, I think I'm hoping I can get one published!)
happy friday :)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
(1) get everyone to pay their registration fee for the CIBC Run for the Cure
which reminds me, next year - I'll start the whole process much earlier!
(2) finish my LO of Aiden's ultrasound
I'm having a block with the embellishments, whomp
(3) gather up $3500 in cash for Aiden's baptism on Sunday (excited!)
(4) email professor with group names and student ids
why must I always be stuck with the leadership role?
(5) eat some ice cream
(6) purchase a square punch for my next LO
(7) give Aiden lots and lots of kisses