Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Super Simple Summer Makeup

Growing up, I had bad skin ... baaaaaaad skin. I took various medications for my acne & to be honest, I'm still slightly self-conscious about my face now. But along the years I've learned some tricks of the trade and stick to a really simple routine. And let's face it, the last thing you want when you're out and about in the sweltering heat (especially with two babes!) is to feel like your makeup's caked on - gross.

My "face" routine changes here and there, but for the most part this is what's been working for me. & and I'm no "beauty expert" but any mean - I try things & if it works it works. I also rely heavily on the opinions of my girls (who run the world, girrrrrrrllllls). I invested in a Clarisonic Mia around last Christmas and I must say, I don't rave about it as much as I should. I use it daily and it's uber gentle on my face. Also, I love the fact that I can use it with any facial cleanser especially since I'm one to try new products from time to time. It's beyond simple to use and 90% of the time I use it while I shower. Through my friend Rachel, I've also discovered a plant-based Facial Foaming Cleanser by live clean. I've tried my fair share of facial cleansers but I must say, my absolute favourite thing (well, things) about this one is the fact that is smells pretty AND IT REMOVES ALL MY MAKEUP at the end of the day. Huge plus! I've also been using their Nourishing Night Cream which is really my first night cream experience, ever - so hard to compare to anything else. So until I try another, this one is working for me. I wouldn't say that I'm heavy on the green movement, but I do love to go green when I can and I am loving their products so far. Read more about live clean & their story here. For daily moisturizers I tend to flip flop between Spectro HydroCare for Blemish Prone Skin and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer.

So here it is, my super simple summer makeup routine (which is speedy & super mama friendly too!)
super simple summer makeup

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 

Now I don't always use everything listed above all at once. Some days I go without a Primer (#5) and some days without the Radiant Touch (#2). Although this YSL product is killer - works wonders as a concealer and a highlighter. Typically for days when I feel (and look) tired and for when I have a function other than picking Aiden up from school to go to. Also, I usually only use either the Beach Blush (#6) or the Multiple (#8). The beach blush is my everyday go-to while the multiple is more for my evening affairs. The Magic Skin Beautifier (#4) is the lastest addition to my collection and I'm slightly in love. It's a light coverage and really feels like a whole lot of nothing on your face - perfect for warm summer days and nights! If I'm not using this, I always go back to my go-to foundation - Studio Tech by MAC. It a fuller coverage, but goes on like butta! I try a crap load of mascaras both drug store and higher end brands. The d.j.v. Fiberwig was one of my favs for the longest time because it truly was like plastic lash extensions and came off so easily with warm water. Oh, and no raccoon eyes either! But there's something about this $5 mascara that I'm loving - the funky brush gets every lash & even gives pretty good volume. For the price tag, how can you complain?!    


Oh & we celebrated my God-daughter Callia Aryanna's baptism over the weekend. How adorable is she in that dress! Honestly she's got rolls for days, what a chunky chunky burnin' love! She's obviously Sadie's future bestie, but my hope is that as she grows that I'm able to be there for her along side her parents and have a strong kind of relationship / friendship with her. Family is so so important to us.

Don't forget to take advantage of my almost summa summa time discount code - 15% off all print in my Etsy shop until Friday (May 31st)! Use discount code: MAY15 when checking out :)

Oh & check out this featured post that Alessia from The Styled Child posted about moi & my little shop :) So cool when I get to connect with other Mamas (especially from Toronto) who share similar interests and hobbies. Thanks again Alessia!

No comments:

Post a Comment