Friday, August 16, 2013

High Five for Friday! - Ikea Love Edition & PPH Print Shop Feature

Another Friday, another Five on Friday link up!

For the months of June and July, I was in complete birthday party planning mode. But now that it's all over, I've been on a serious home tip. I'm dreaming up plans to get our house looking more like a home - it only took three years, oops!

Since the Ikea catalogue came out early this week, you better believe I jumped at the chance to go! Lucky for me, Sadie girl fell asleep on our way there. Sleeping Sadie is my favourite when I'm out and about ;)



There were so many other things that caught my eye while I was browsing the aisles. But it was definitely challenging to maneuver around with a 13 month old. Sadie woke once I got to the Marketplace. I realized I couldn't really haul anything as I carried her and pushed the stroller. I attempted to place a rug in her stroller as I carried her on my hip (LOL) and the sweetest lady offered to help me, looking beyond concerned & probably thinking I was ... insane. Ha! This was not going to happen. Soooo, I went back to the car - put her car seat and stroller away and went back into the store with Sadie in a shopping cart ... (insert sweat marks right about here).  Also, has anyone noticed the magical sideways shopping carts at Ikea?! Oy.

I grabbed the things I could carry & that I knew for sure would fix into our car ...
Pick Me Up: Ikea Love

1. SOCKER vase - I've been eyeing these for some time now, but they were just never in stock at my local Ikea. Yay for me being able to grab them during this trip! I will probably use them on the kitchen counter for cooking utensils and such.

2. LAPPLJUNG rug - I almost bought this during my last trip, but looked at it in the store and thought maybe it was just too big for the space I was thinking of. This time, I took the chance & I'M IN LOVE.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen the photo above. Sadie girl just kills me. This room in our home has been empty for far too long. The kiddies love it cause they roll and run around in the space but I'm itching to get it furnished! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect seating - I'm thinking either some accent chairs (this one is my dream) or a smaller love seat. I'm hoping to find something with a reasonable price tag. Everything I've looked at has given me serious some sticker shock ... sigh.

3. KASSETT box with lid - I have a couple kraft ones that are sitting on our Expedit. You can't have too many cute boxes right?  

4. RASKOG kitchen cart - totally swooning over this cart! It's super cute, durable and functional. Oh & it's my most favourite colour in the world. I'm not so sure how or where I'll use it just yet, but most likely for something crafty!

5. POTATIS plant pot - this is one of my new favs! A must for hiding cleaning up toys. I still in awe with just how many toys these little buggers have. I swear, I don't even buy them any toys! Ha!

I've been using the Ikea app to keep track of my wish list. It's super helpful, especially for a Mama to forgets ... everything. Oh Ikea, you've done it again.



***


Also, because I'm beyond excited & just can't hide it ... 

psfeature

PPH Print Shop is being featured on PS I Adore You starting tomorrow! 
For a limited time, some of my favourite prints from our shop will be available for sale at a discounted price! If you haven't heard of PS I Adore You, be sure you check them out. They showcase great (usually handmade) products while offering them as a deal! Oh, and the best part ... they spread the word & raise awareness about childhood cancer. How awesome is that?! 

Happy Happy Friday!


follow along: BLOGLOVIN' | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. such wonderful and inspiring prints. you're definitely a better designer than me :) maybe you should offer online classes? i'd sign up for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! you're so sweet! I'll add "offer online design classes" to my bucket list ... we can dream right?! :)

      Delete