Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Mantra: Let Them Be Little

In anticipation of Sadie's FIRST birthday (ahhhh!) & having celebrated Aiden's 5th birthday earlier this month, I'm focusing my energy on my babies. As if my energy is ever focused on anything else, ha! But this week I'm trying extra hard to keep some simple words in mind.
Monday Mantra
If I could freeze time, even just for a moment ...
Sometimes, I get so caught up in things being "germy" or freaking out because I need things to be in their place or being short because it would be nice to, I don't know, pee without someone screaming "maaaaaa!!!!!!". I've learnt that having a sink full of dishes before bedtime is ok especially when the trade off is hanging out with your two littles before they doze off for the night. Sometimes I can't wait until bedtime because I'm dying for some alone time or some adult conversations but when their snuggled in their beds, I find myself browsing through my iPhone starring at photos we took throughout the day and replaying videos because it's the closest thing to reliving the moment.

I came across some words on Pinterest (my love for Pinterest is coming back with a vengeance!). But I hate when I click on the photo and it doesn't bring me to the source, ugh. So after some googling and some searching, I found that the words were from a book titled Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load (um, what an awesome combination of words) by Jen Hatmaker.

relish

& of course, after reading the words - buckets quickly filled under my eyes. They couldn't be anymore true ... so simple, so sincere. I wish I could keep them as our littles forever!, lol. But I as much as I have anxiety thinking about them as teenagers & grown ups ... one of my fav things is watching them hit milestones & grow. We're shaping human beings, how lucky are we! Relish the charms of the present. Soak it all up baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment