Tuesday, September 11, 2012

our kindergarden-er!

The day came & went.

Aiden was beyond excited (you can tell by the photos below, he's smiling so big - he can't even keep his eyes open!). He was also more than pleased with his outfit selection. He's a bus-er, but we decided to drive him and drop him off yesterday. He couldn't even contain himself and barely said goodbye to Ryan and I. He marched right into the gated drop-off, playground area and was ready to start his day! He looked a little lost at first, but I'm sure he'll figure it all out. I, on the other hand, was anxious and the more I thought about my baby starting school, the more emotional I got (haha). Ryan had to peel me away from the drop-off gate, "Babe, it's time to go...".
I'm so happy & proud of you Aiden - I can't wait to hear all the stories you'll have!






(Sadie hates hats, btw).
Shortly after we dropped Aiden off, Ryan headed to work.
Our home was ... quiet. Sadie took a nap and I was ... lonely. I could hear the clock tick - the first time in a long time. I started tidying the house & making the beds. But because of a mix-up at work, Ryan came home an hour later & had the day off! Definitely a pleasant surprise, because without him - I probably would have been, a wreck (LOL). Plus, I love enjoying his company - esp. without an agenda.  


I truly counted down the minutes until A came home.
Ryan, Sadie and I headed to the bus stop to pick Aiden up and as all the kids we getting off the bus, I thought - crap, did he not get on the bus? ... My heart was beating fast. I walked over to the bus door only to find our Aiden sitting in the seat right behind the bus driver. "He's patient & wanted to let everyone else off the bus first ..." O-M-G.

Aiden was wiped! You could see it in his eyes. As we walked home from the bus stop (while Ryan carried Aiden home) Ryan said, "Since school makes you so tired, maybe you shouldn't go back" ...

"But then I would miss all the fun"
Best response, ever. 

I'm so glad that you had a great first day Aiden! Hope you'll aways have his much enthusiasm for learning. Excited what the school year will bring & for your 7:45pm bedtime, hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment