Thursday, April 5, 2012

The End of an Era

I was attracted to classic lit because the stories we were telling were about these kids, in this time and yet these quotes from hundreds of years ago applied to their current situation. 
-Mark Schwahn, creator - writer - producer - director, One Tree Hill

& that's the very reason why I have been beyond captivated with the story lines, the characters, the music, the show. As if the moments of their lives with slightly intertwined with ours. & as if how they were feeling, what they were going through mimicked our own feelings and thoughts. One Tree Hill resonates with people on a very personal level & there's something truly powerful about that. Is it silly to feel that way? To feel so connected to a piece of tv history? It's funny because we often lose ourselves in the things we love - but we also find ourselves there too. The show aired in the pinnacle of my teenage existence. In 2003, I was awkward and naive, turning 18 and just entered my first year of university. To have found something like OTH at such a vulnerable time in my life where scenes of the small moments were really the big moments and where life was portrayed not perfectly, but realistically coupled with witty remarks and the perfect backdrop of music ... it was beyond nostalgic.

So as we say goodbye, I feel a sense of calmness and thankfulness to have found, like many adoring fans - a tv show for God's sake that was able to provide love, laughter and life learnings. This is truly the end of an era. & what a run it was.

Do you ever wonder if we make the moments of our lives?
Or if the moments of our lives make us?

Well in 9 years, plenty of moments have defined us. I'm sure I've missed a good bunch, but I'm sure I'll be marathoning sometime during my Mat Leave, so this list may become longer!


Lucas vs. Nathan - "This is for my Mom"
Music: Rest in Pieces - Saliva

Haley & Nathan's 1st Kiss - "You shouldn't have done that Nathan"
Music: Dare you to Move - Switchfoot

State Championship - "It's you. When all my dreams come true, the one I was next to me, it's you."
Music: Heartbearts - Jose Gonzalez

Senior Year Bonfire - "I'm the guy for you Brooke Davis"
Music: Move Along - All America Rejects

Rachel Naked in Lucas' Car - "I wanted you to fight for me"
Music: n/a

Nathan's Press Conference - "I promise you, I've never been happier"
Music: n/a

Ravens Play Oak Lake - "God I love this game"
Music: Unsatisfied - Nine Black Alps

Stepping up - "When you fall in love with someone and they forget to love you back"
Music: The Adventure - Angels and Airways

Rain Storm "I was hurt Haley, but I was still proud of you. Everyday."
Music: Missing You - Tyler Hilton

To all the moments & to the memories.
Goodnight Tree Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment