Friday, January 2, 2009

hello 2009

I don't think That I've ever made a resolution. Okay, maybe I haven't made one that I've actually stuck with. But this year, I have a few things that I want to keep in mind. Simple things.

Blog. Document. Write.
I used to be able to just write. Day in and day out. About anything - thoughts, feelings, aspirations. I lost that somewhere, but I'm going to try my best to get it all back. Because I want to leave my mark in this world - & I love love looking back and seeing where I've been and what has brought me here. I live for words.

Be happy.
I have more than I need. In addition, I have a baby boy that looks at me with delight. Life gets messy, but what matters is the way that we choose to deal with this situations.

Watch my carbon impact.
Little things, baby steps. Use the compost more (review what's allowed to go in & what's not), stop using shopping bags & start using reuseable ones. RECYCLE and DONATE (especially old clothing). On a side note: I don't ever want to be a pack rat.

Live in the moment.
Life is too short.

Love me.
Especially since giving birth to A, I haven't been feeling 'myself'. & yes, most of it has to do with my physical appearance. I am my worst critic. But there's so much that I have going for me and I have two wonderful boys that love me, for me. So let's start getting back on track :)

Take it easy.
As a bit of a control freak, I have to start learning to let others take charge or even, just help. I need to fully trust others to get the job done, even if it's not the way I would really like for it to be done. I need to watch my tone (especially with Ryan) and watch my words.

Discover new things.
I always want to feel young at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment