Wednesday, May 23, 2012

the roller coaster nights of pregnancy

So today, is a not so awesome day.

I haven't been sleeping the best, but really, I've just been dealing with is and for the most part - I make out ok. Last night was rough. On my drive home from my parents place (close to 8pm), not sure how to explain it, but I was feeling a sort of blurriness to my vision or at least the sensation of blurriness. All I knew what I need to move fast, get home, get our nighttime routine on override and sleep.

Luckily, Aiden was cooperating full force and we were in bed in no time. I was restless, tossed and tured with my eyes closed and a headache for probably an hour. Ryan rushed home (he's the best) and started playing doctor with me, googling my symptoms - trying to determine the cause / severity of my "illness". As he was doing this, I started to feel a tingly sensation moving from my fingers up my arms. I also felt the same tingly-ness on my togue. (slight deja-vu, I've felt this before - during one of my period dying-like episodes - went to the ER - to find out I was a-okay). Ryan totally wanted to head to the ER after this, but I was ... not ready for that, just yet. The thing about heading to the ER when it's not an emergency is that, well - you could be there for forever. And really, my pain wasn't severe and baby was alive and kicking (hard).

He cranked the AC up since he read somewhere that I could be dehydrated and the body temperature of pregnant women can be quite high (lol). He drove out to Shoppers to grab me some iron supplements since we know that I have low iron and want to avoid anaemia. I said I was hungry, so Ryan also asked me what I wanted (and of course, since I had a pass, I couldn't think of anything but a dan muffin) - a chocolate chip muffin it was. I ate the muffin, took an iron pill with a glass of milk and tried, once again to sleep. Ryan rubbed my belly until I fell asleep.

Decided to work from home today. The risk with driving my at least 1 hour commute was just too much. Side note: I'm trying to to let it stress me, but my plate at work is overfilled. It has been since I started, but I'm getting worn out thin - physically & emotionally. Must stay positive, must hang in there - this will be my mantra.

The most frusting bit is that the OB office didn't open until 9am. I called for 45 mins and each time I called it went to voicemail (is that even allowed?) & on Wednesdays our family doctor is open from 3-8pm (is that allowed? lol) so I wasn't able to get an appointment until 6:45 pm. But of course, better safe than sorry. Just want to make sure all is OK - it's easy to attribute me being fatigue and my exhaustion to my pregnancy, but you can never be so safe (esp. this late in the game!)

Aiden however, has been fantastic all day long. Can't get enough of this guy, honestly.
He fed himself lunch today, oh and he fed Teddy lunch too! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment