Thursday, February 26, 2009

ordinary people (bittersweet)

This (us) is hard stuff.

I guess deep down (& I've never actually admitted this out loud), but I seem to question whether this is for real, whether this is what you had wanted to for yourself or it was simply just a default. And although I never regret anything that has happened since that day, I can't seem to shake it off ... do you really want to be here? is this what you had always seen for yourself? Because for me, the answer has always been yes, always.

& as we're 'growing up', I feel like we've incurred so much of the 'responsibility' bit earlier on (with A) and some days it seems like you're ready to 'give up' & back down. Which is the one thing that I actually fear the most. Besides A, you are my life. It just feels, different. But I know that 'these are the hard times'. Starting our life together has been so tough. It hasn't always been picture perfect nor glamorous, but I wouldn't have it any other way - because I got exactly what I hoped for. (now did you?)
You are my best friend. The one person that I trust my life with, that I trust A with. You are the one who loves to make me laugh, the one I want to laugh with. I love the life that we've already created together ... this is our forever.
***
I love you more than all the stars in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment